23 March 2010

Huevos Ahogados



I gotta say my mom keeps surprising me. This morning Kevin and I were working on our soon tba project, and my mom comes over and drops off a bowl of huevos ahogados, or drunken eggs. I love Mexican food for obvious reasons, but also because it can be so simple, flavorful, and the meal usually was created by the hard working laborers wives who just threw stuff together. These eggs were poached in home made tomato broth with sauteed onions and chipotle. Served with some fresh cut Haas avocados and some warm corn tortillas. Look out day, cos here we come.
Buen Provecho!

3 comments:

  1. Please give your mom my address. Thanks.

    Jessica I

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks insanely good! i think i may have to try and make my version of that for dinner tonight. eggs are delicious any time of the day, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummm gotta love mom. Hey spill the beans on your project already!

    ReplyDelete